- Alexandra Jorge rescued four-year-old Ethan Colman from the floods on Monday
- The dramatic rescue was caught on camera by a photographer in Texas
- Little else is known about Jorge who is not thought to be related to the boy
- Scores more Good Samaritans turned out to help save Houston residents
- Others brought their boats from other cities to rescue people from their homes
- Do you know Alexandre or Ethan? Email email@example.com
As the situation in Houston grew even more dire on Monday with thousands trapped in their homes, Good Samaritans around the city came out in force.
They used their boats to save trapped residents from flooded homes and others volunteered at the many shelters being set-up to house the homeless.
One man took on Hurricane Harvey in the style of a Hollywood heartthrob, slipping in to a wet suit and venturing out with his paddle board to rescue children in need.
Little is known of him other than his name, given as Alexandre Jorge to a news photographer who captured his heroic efforts.
He was pictured paddling through rising flood waters, his muscles filling out his soaking wet suit, as four-year-old Ethan Colman lay on the board.
Wearing a brooding scowl and a simple gold wedding band, he paddled the boy to safety.
Alexandre Jorge was pictured paddle boarding four-year-old Ethan Colman to safety in a flooded neighborhood in Houston on Monday
Jorge used his might to paddle the boy to safety as flood water rose around them